Gas Inspector (South West London)
Location - Home-Based
What you’ll be doing:
- Carry out and complete inspections in line with our risk model and contractual obligations with our client the HSE.
- Complete inspections against the Gas Industry Statutory and Normative documents and internal operating procedures.
- Liaise with registered businesses to ensure any defects identified are understood and completed to standard and within timescale.
- Ensure inspection reports are completed within a Service Level Agreement and to the standard required.
- Ensure the appropriate course of action is taken when unsafe or illegal gas work is identified.
- Liaise with and effectively communicate with registered businesses and gas consumers
What we’re looking for:
- Must hold as a minimum the following ACS certificates of competence: CCN1, CENWAT1, CKR1, HTR1. Ideally the applicant will have additional ACS certificates in LPG, Non-Domestic & Catering, LAU1 and DAH1.
- Experienced of having worked on a variety of gas appliances and/or quality controlling of gas work.
- Understanding of Health & Safety, Building Regulations, other related codes and normative documents, including ability to risk assess environments.
- Relevant Auditor qualification (D32/A1) or equivalent would be a desirable addition.
- Regularly maintain technical knowledge and industry awareness through CPD.
- Appreciation of issues affecting gas, plumbing, electrical and H&V installation businesses.
- Ability to use tools and undertake any appropriate tests and checks during inspection.
About Capita’s Gas Safe Register
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team that monitors and improves gas safety nationwide: Capita Business Services Ltd. (CBSL) is the provider of the registration service for gas installation businesses in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. The Gas Safe Register is a service concession granted to Capita by the Health & Safety Executive GB, HSE NI and HSWI Isle of Man.
What’s in it for you?
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- Competitive salary plus car
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at email@example.com or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you.
For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.