COMMERCIAL GAS ENGINEER
Hours- 8:00- 16:30 / Monday- Friday
Location - MERSEYSIDE
MJ Quinn are a contractor for the provision of Mechanical, Electrical and Telecommunications services. We currently have an exciting new opportunity for Commercial Gas Engineer’s to work within our Mechanical, Electrical & Building Maintenance Division on a permanent basis based in the North- West area travelling to required sites.
Who are MJ Quinn
MJ Quinn are an established national organisation, with contracts covering the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. At MJ Quinn we believe in creating great connections with our customers, our people, and our world. Even though our company is growing our values continue to be at the heart of everything we do.
- Reporting to the contracts Manager and Project Manager within the MEB Maintenance Division. Works would be predominantly maintenance driven with Planned Preventative Maintenance and Re-Active calls and contracts that we deliver in the North-West within numerous establishments for the National Health Service and the Reserve Forces Association amongst other established clients.
- Gas and Plumbing Installation works, however the focus is on Re-active and Planned Maintenance.
- Testing & Inspection of Mechanical Services within the client buildings, general day to day repairs of Heating, Hot water, and Ventilation systems.
Key Skills/ Requirements
- technical knowledge and competence
- a logical and practical mind
- good oral and written communication skills
- the ability to build lasting relationships with clients and colleagues
- negotiation, presentation, and report writing skills
- the ability to analyse problems to identify solutions
- commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to clients’ businesses
- the ability to take on high levels of responsibility with enthusiasm and motivation
- Computer Literate
- Work to strict deadlines with no loss of accuracy
- The Candidate must be flexible and able to accommodate being on an out of hours call rota from time to time. A company vehicle and mobile phone will be provided along with the necessary work wear.
- We are Looking for a Team player who is customer focused, quality orientated, methodical, flexible, energetic, and enthusiastic.
- Aa a requirement an enhanced DBS will need to be completed, due to the client sites visited.
- Full UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
- Experience working on a similar role.
- Domestic Gas: CCN1 Core Domestic safety
- CENWAT Boilers
- CKR1 Gas Cookers
- HYR1 Wall Heaters and Gas Fires
- Commercial Gas: CDGA1
- Direct Fired Heating Appliances
- CIGA1 indirect Fired Gas Appliances
- CORT1 Gas Fired Radiant Tube and Plaque Heaters
- TPCP1 or 1A Testing and Purging
- Commercial Catering experience would be advantageous (not essential)
- LPG Would be advantageous
- F Gas Would be advantageous
- 33 days holiday
- Medicash Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Gym & Retail Discounts
- X2 Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme