Hybrid working (with locations across the UK – see below for details)
The Health and Safety Executive is Britain’s national regulator for workplace health and safety. We’re dedicated to protecting people and places, ensuring everyone can lead safer and healthier lives at work.
We are now looking for a Pipeline Engineering Specialist to join us on a full-time, permanent basis.
We are offering this role with hybrid working at our offices at any of the following locations:
Basingstoke, Bedford, Chelmsford, Oxted, Ashford, Bootle, Cardiff, Carmarthen, Birmingham, Nottingham, Carlisle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Wrexham, Bristol, Crewe, Plymouth, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle, York.
- Salary of £66,657 - £71,628 per annum
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays and Civil Service privilege leave
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27.9%
- Flexible working options
- Family friendly policies and working hours
- Competitive parental leave benefits
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- Excess Fares Allowance
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a wealth of experience in pipeline design, construction, operations, inspection or maintenance and an excellent grasp of major hazard management to join our vital organisation.
You will play a significant role in shaping a new culture of pipeline safety right across the construction sector, protecting future generations and ensuring we remain at the forefront of H&S thinking.
We’ll also offer you a range of development opportunities, including career pathways and learning and development programmes designed to support and nurture your professional growth.
So, if you’re ready to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Pipeline Engineering Specialist, you will provide advice and expertise on pipelines safety to individual and organisations working in pipeline construction or management.
Working within our Gas and Pipelines Unit, you will advise and enforce action on pipeline safety and integrity, as well as providing general advice on safety and technical issues regarding gas supply and pipeline operation.
You will conduct site inspections, audits and assessments of both onshore and offshore systems, advising on design, construction, installation, operation, inspection and maintenance.
To be considered as a Pipeline Engineering Specialist, you will need:
- Substantial experience with responsibility in at least one of the following areas: pipeline design, construction, operations, inspection or maintenance
- Knowledge and experience of major accident hazard pipelines within at least one of the following areas: pipeline design, construction, operations, inspection and maintenance
- Knowledge and experience of relevant pipeline engineering codes
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, maintaining positive professional working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- The ability to write effective technical reports and present complex technical information clearly and concisely for a non-technical audience
- A full, valid driving licence. However, we are willing to consider any proposals put forward by applicants with disabilities that would allow them to do the job by another means
- Must hold CEng or IEng Registration with the Engineering Council. Membership of an appropriate professional body
The closing date for this role is Friday 2nd October 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Pipeline Integrity Engineer, Pipeline Technical Authority, Pipeline Engineer, or Pipeline Operations Engineer.
Webrecruit and the Health and Safety Executive are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for a brilliant new opportunity as a Pipeline Engineering Specialist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.