Salary and Benefits:
- Company Van and Fuel Card
- 22 days holiday per year in addition to Holidays and Birthday Off after one year of service
- Pension with 4% salary sacrifice scheme and employer contribution
- Death in Service benefit of 4 x salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
As our Gas Supervisor, you will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the delivery of gas service, repair and maintenance to an agreed programme, budget, and quality within the company’s operational targets.
You will be expected to:
- To supervise all aspects of the gas service, maintenance and repairs contracts under your control.
- To direct engineers, organise and control the provision of consistent, high quality and customer focused services to ensure the achievement of the company’s strategic objectives
- To undertake robust inspections of properties to ensure that the service, maintenance and service programmes for domestic heating systems is adhered to and liaise closely with the Gas Service Manager to ensure that performance and quality targets are being met.
- Attend Gas Forced Entries to ensure that all involved are present and the required works are completed so that compliance targets are achieved.
- Ensure effective and efficient supervision of Lead Engineer and Engineers and to monitor engineer staff resources. Review and monitor performance regularly and initiate corrective action as necessary via the Disciplinary & Grievance procedure.
- Provide guidance, support and assistance to engineers when required, highlight any training needs and ensure the necessary training is put in place.
- Provide a monthly report on engineer’s performance, sickness, lateness etc.
- Liaise with the Service Manager and other administration staff to ensure that correct allocation of engineers work is being achieved.
- To Liaise with Systems Administrators to ensure accurate and efficient delivery of the Engineers workload and data transfer via PDA’s.
- Ensure that any materials left with residents, i.e. fan heaters, temporary cooking facilities are returned to Aston Group when no longer required.
- Validate CP12’s ensuring accuracy and compliance for issuing within the legal timescale.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 08:00 am to 17:00 pm, and flexibility with working hours is essential as overtime will be required from time to time.
To be considered for our Gas Supervisor role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally educated to HND level and demonstrate a career with continuous personal development within the gas industry
- ACS qualified
- Unvented Hot Water Storage
- Carbon Monoxide/Dioxide Atmosphere and Appliance Testing
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience of managing all on site labour and performing risk assessments
- Experience in negotiation with clients, customers and sub-contractors
- Managerial experience at Supervisor/Management level
- Knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work act
- Intermediate level user of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Teams.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, negotiation and persuasion skills, including the ability to weigh up and articulate the risk and benefit of various scenarios and propose effective resolutions
- Strong analytical, numeracy, literacy skills and IT skills
- To be able to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
- To be able to work lead a team
- The ability to demonstrate a high degree of integrity, discretion, diplomacy commensurate with the nature of the post
If you feel you have the skills for the Gas Supervisor role , please apply now!