At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record as mechanical engineer in major ENERGY AND CHEMICAL projects in pre-FEED, FEED and EPC phases.
- Ability to learn and adapt skills.
- Working with global teams, interfacing with all engineering disciplines, across multiple offices to define engineering scope of work.
- Demonstrate the highest possible regard for Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Preparation of data sheets, enquiry requisitions, technical bid evaluations, purchase requisitions, Supplier co-ordination and document reviews for either , pressure vessels or heat transfer equipment
- Resolution of technical queries from job site including troubleshooting visits to site as required.
- Interface directly with all Engineering disciplines, procurement as well as the supplier.
- Reports to Mechanical Discipline Lead
Notice to Candidates:
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Basic knowledge of cost estimates, schedule development, progress reporting and risk identification and mitigation.
- Chartered engineer or working towards achieving Chartered Engineer status
- Familiar with EU/ UK regulations as related to pressure equipment
Other Job Requirements
Based in Farnborough, Hampshire, Fluor Limited is the UK headquarters of Fluor Corporation, one of the world's largest Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Project Management services companies. Fluor is active across six continents. We work with governments and multinational companies to design, build and maintain many of the world’s most complex capital projects.
From our Farnborough campus we execute world class projects for leading clients in Energy Transition, Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Nuclear, Power, Life Sciences, Advanced Manufacturing, Mining, Industrial, Transportation, Telecommunications and Government sectors.
About the job
The successful candidate will be required to apply their Mechanical engineering knowledge to FLUOR projects based in the home office (with work from home flexibility) and potential for field assignment.
About the Benefits:
• Competitive starting salary (reviewed against market competitors)
• Flexitime and Flexi-location (Home & Office 2/3 day split)
• 9-day fortnight (every other Friday you have a 3 day weekend!)
• Company Pension
• Growing Representation and Opportunities for Women (GROW- A group to leverage the complementary skills sets of men and women working together at all levels of business that will drive innovation)
• Fluor University – online library of training courses
• Global Technical support through Fluor’s internals Connections Page
Travel may be required for assistance at the module yard / job site with installation, commissioning and further testing activities.
Fluor actively encourages career and personal development for its staff through a structured career development programme, in-house training, specialist development courses and mentoring. We have developed an industry recognized Knowledge Management system which provides access to our global expertise through an established platform for personal interaction and collaboration with other members of Fluor worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.