Project Manager/Investment Lead – Programme Management team
Permanent Contract 40 hours per week
Starting salary from £46,309.00 (dependent on experience)
Up to 10% bonus
Thorpe Park, Leeds
As a Project Manager/Investment Lead in the Programme Management team you will be working in a team that oversees c.£30m per year of CAPEX investment the role of the Project Manager/Investment Lead will be to develop and own the short to medium term strategy for a number of CAPEX assets. This will involve achieving the high-level strategy set out in the RIIO-2 business plan submission via the identification and progression of sites/assets for investment. You will be the driving force from the scoping phase all the way through investment and up to G17 Part C stage (where required). You will become the focal point for specific asset classes and will be able to answer any capex/strategy related queries from the business. Your role will involve liaising with all areas of the business, gaining support from Senior Management and Directors, production of Business cases, CBA’s, formal tender and scoping documentation, management of third parties, ensuring internal policies, procedures, specifications are adhered to and ensuring that the RIIO-2 Capex plan is delivered.
Your key accountabilities and responsibilities
• Produce and deliver; CAPEX Asset Strategy Documents, Business Cases and presentations, Cost Benefit Analysis Reports, tender documentation and specifications for all work on our Network Assets
• Manage minor and major design projects and procurement tenders within time and budget constraints and report on progress as required by the Capital Projects IMS
• With reference to NGN’s RIIO-2 Business Strategy, plan next year’s CAPEX project design, procurement, and delivery phases by input of data into our CAPEX Project Planning Tracker
• Support a team of NGN colleagues, engineers and designers to ensure all of NGN’s regulatory obligations are met with respect to Asset Health improvements and reduction of Asset Risk across the Network
• Assist on all Investment & Design Team activities withing CAPEX projects including; Value Engineering studies, Design TQ’s, Lessons Learned Reviews
• Provide CAPEX business strategy/programme management support to all Project Managers within the current CAPEX Programme
What skills and experience are we are looking for
• Demonstrate technical knowledge and experience of successful project planning and design on a range of gas assets across all pressure ranges and asset types from low pressure through to high pressure
• Excellent influencing/negotiating skills, leadership of multi-functional teams across several departments, with strong emphasis on feedback and performance improvement
• Excellent communication skills both written (document and business case preparation) and oral (presentations and representation at discussion forums and meetings)
• Ability to manage a portfolio of diverse design projects and Investment workload and to represent NGN at external meetings
• Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject with experience in a Strategic Asset Management, Project management or Investment role
• Full UK Driving Licence is desirable
What we offer
• Starting salary from £46,309 depending on experience
• Bonus Scheme up to 10%
• 25 days holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays
• SSP for first 5 working days then Occupational sick pay
• Stakeholder pension scheme (up to 10% employer contributions)
We are ... Northern Gas Networks. We deliver gas to 2.7 million homes and businesses in the North East, Northern Cumbria and much of Yorkshire. That’s around 6.7 million individual customers. We don’t generate or sell the gas, but we transport it to homes and businesses in our region through a vast network of underground pipes. In fact, we own and maintain more than 37,000km of gas pipes - enough to stretch from Leeds to Sydney and back again.
Our Values are at the heart of what we do. In addition to your key responsibilities, you will incorporate these into the daily life of your role. We are … Trailblazing, Empowered, Heartfelt, Community Focused, Intellectually Curious and most of all we are Happy!
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion culture at NGN is embedded in everything that we do. We will be delighted to hear from a diverse range of applicants, so we can continue to grow our great team of people. We are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant, helping ex-services personnel back into employment, as well as being members of WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and we are committed to delivering our ‘Opportunity Action Plan’ having signed the Social Mobility Pledge campaign.
Next Steps. Please apply by clicking apply and uploading your CV (and a cover letter, if desired). We love to see how your experience and skills are transferable to this role so please ensure these are all included in your application. Once the advert has closed, we will be in contact within one week to let you know if you have progressed to the next stage. Interviews will be held week commencing 4th March 2024 face to face at our offices in Thorpe Park, Leeds where we will also ask you to prepare a short presentation on a relevant subject which you will be advised of if we invite you to interview stage. If you require adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process, we want to hear about how we can help. Any applicant that requires reasonable adjustments from the initial application through to the interview is asked to contact the Recruitment Team at NGNCareers@northerngas.co.uk