We have a compelling vision to become one of the largest Heating businesses in the UK. By bringing together our three successful businesses and pooling our individual strengths we will build a business with an enviable service and product offering for both our existing and new customers. We will make JLA Heating an exciting place to be.
Commercial Gas service engineer including reactive calls
We are looking for Commercial Gas Engineers located in South East London - North Kent, Dartford, Bexleyheath, Orpington, Bromley, East London - East Ham, Hackney.
• Responsible for Service and maintenance of commercial heating systems and building services, reactive calls to sites.
• Working in a variety of buildings throughout the North west
• Part of the OOH call out rota.
• To carry enhanced van stock to achieve high 1st fix rate.
• Responsible for van stock in the same manner.
• Demonstrate an understanding of what service delivery excellence is for your role, ensuring you deliver the basics right every time and are part of a team where service is central to good performance.
• Awareness of your operational and regulation risks which may impend your operations.
• Responsibility for reporting to your line manager any risk which may impact the business
Managing Health & Safety
• Conduct any Risk Assessments and Method Statements, compiling reports in line with H&S requirements
• Liaising with the Head of Compliance to ensure any compliance as part of your role is in line with the framework set.
Qualifications & Skills
• Excellent understanding of Commercial/Domestic Heating Systems
• Excellent knowledge of current gas regulations
• Possess comprehensive technical skills to fault find and rectify
• Good plumbing skills
• Full UK driving license
• Have a flexible approach to work. Be prepared to work out of hours when required and be part of the out of hours call out rota.
• A DBS Enhanced (Criminal Records Bureau ) check is required for all successful candidates.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Good interpersonal & communicating skills.
• Good organisational skills and a Can-Do Attitude
• Able to use own initiative.
• Gas Qualifications
• CCN1 - domestic core safety
• CENWAT – Central Heating Boilers and instantaneous hot water heaters
• CPA 1 - Combustion Performance Analysis
• HWB1 – Gas Fired hot water boilers 15-40kw
• CCP1 – Commission of commercial plant
• CIGA 1 – commission, service repair & breakdown of commercial indirect heating appliances
• COCN 1 – commercial core safety
• CODNCO 1 change over from domestic to commercial natural gas
• CORT 1 – Radiant tube heaters
• TPCP1A – testing and purging upto 1m3
• ICPN 1 – installation of commercial pipework
• Unvented Hot Water
• Basic Electrical Safety Knowledge
Use of PDA
Knowledge of BMS Systems
OFT10 – 101
OFT10 – 105E
OFT10 – 600a
LPG Gas Qualifications are desirable but not essential