Senior Design Engineers
Up to 15% bonus
Thorpe Park, Leeds/ Doxford Park, Sunderland
Why Work at NGN?
At Northern Gas Networks, we are a community. We provide a supportive and fun working environment in our spacious offices with onsite parking provided. We embrace creativity and innovation as well as offering a range of learning and development opportunities to progress your career.
Since we started operating in 2005, We have led the way as one of the most cost-efficient of the UK’s eight gas distribution networks, reliably delivering gas to over 2.7 million homes and businesses.
Our ‘dream’ is to become the UK’s most loved, admired and respected company, and we aim to do this through an empowered team that is ‘mind-blowingly great!’
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
We value equality, diversity and inclusion at NGN and this is embedded in everything that we do. We will be delighted to hear from a diverse range of applicants, so we can continue to grow our mind-blowingly great team of people.
We are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant, helping ex-services personnel back into employment, as well as being members of WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and we are committed to delivering our ‘Opportunity Action Plan’ having signed the Social Mobility Pledge campaign, whereby we will establish our business as a ‘force for good’ in the communities that we serve.
If you require adjustments to support in your application, we want to hear about how we can help. Any applicants that require reasonable adjustments throughout the selection process/ further flexibility are able contact us directly to inform us of any additional support that is required.
If you require adjustments made to the standard interview process (e.g. a working interview or a different interview format) then please contact the Recruitment Team:
To apply please submit applications including a full CV to:
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly competent Design Engineers to join the team. Within this role you will lead a team of design engineers or consultants providing design services to the Capital Projects delivery function within NGN. We are looking for design engineers of various disciplines, including Gas, E&I, Mechanical/Piping, and Civils.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Produce, Check and Approve engineering concept and design studies on NGN’s high pressure gas transmission network and associated assets
Accountable for the design team’s compliance with all engineering appropriate regulations and standards, including; PSSR, PSR, PED, CDM, 61508, 61511
• Lead a team of NGN colleagues, engineers and designers to ensure compliance with all NGN Technical and HR procedures and policies
• Produce cost estimates for design scopes and prepare business cases for sanction of the required investment
• Produce specifications for survey work and pre-construction information packs
• Support the FPSA function within the Capital Projects division, and contribute to HAZID, HAZOP, and HAZCON studies
• Manage design projects within time and budget constraints and report on progress as required by the Capital Projects IMS
• Assist with Technical Queries on all CAPEX projects
• Provide technical design support to all Project Managers within the CAPEX Programme
Qualifications required (essential)
What we Offer You:
Our values are at the heart of what we do. In addition to your key responsibilities, you will incorporate these into the daily life of your role.