DNV Energy Systems is looking for experienced Gas Distribution Engineers to join our Network Engineering Compliance team. In this job it will be your responsibility manage multiple gas distribution projects. You will work alongside the Team Leader, Principal Consultants and Senior Consultants to both deliver solutions and help develop customer relationships to expand existing, and develop new, revenue opportunities.
The role will demand significant personal delivery utilisation and the desire to provide flexible and enthusiastic support to help build and sustain business objectives.
- Manage gas distribution projects and demonstrate leadership in line with your senior role within the delivery team and support engineers and graduate engineers in their development
- Act as part of a team, or alone, ensuring that the project delivery process is handled in an efficient and professional manner
- Provide technical know-how to all stakeholders involved in the project
- Take ownership and responsibility for preparing and delivering technical reports
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with new and existing clients and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the industry’s current and emerging business needs
- Develop and maintain an awareness of regulatory, legislative and commercial requirements applicable to your area of the Gas Distribution (7bar & below) environment
- Minimum of an HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (or working towards such qualification)
- Multiple years of relevant engineering experience within the below 7bar gas distribution area
- Broad understanding of the oil & gas industry, ideally combined with previous exposure to oil & gas sectors
- In-depth demonstrable technical knowledge of the gas distribution industry, its customers and suppliers and research organisations
- Solid understanding of commercial and financial principals and ability to apply them in daily work
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications
- Full, clean UK driving license
- Willingness to travel within UK and overseas
- Lifestyle benefits (26 days of annual leave + opportunity for up to 10 days unpaid leave, sabbatical leave, flexible working options)
- Wellbeing benefits (inc Private Medical and Dental Insurance, Health Assessments, Gym allowance and free fruit)
- Pension Scheme: employer-matched pension contributions (employer contribution - up to 9%)
- Travel benefits (inc Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work Scheme)
- Life Assurance and Group Income Protection benefits
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme (for personal use)
- Re-imbursement of relevant Professional Membership Fees (up to £500)
- Access to employee retail discount site for high street and on-line shopping
- Company contribution towards; eye tests and glasses (for computer/laptop users), and Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – providing free and confidential support for issues including work, family, relationships, money and health
Although we're currently unable to offer any relocation allowance for those wishing to move for this role, we're open to all candidates, regardless of their current location.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!